Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Out of Egypt...



I made it safely out of Egypt.

I went into my apartment and took a small bag which i could carry.

I looked around my room and wonder which possessions i actually needed.
I realised that it was none of them.

I took a weeks worth of clean underwear, some pyjamas a change of clothes and my scriptures.

I contemplated leaving behind my laptop,
seeing as it had been rendered useless lately anyway, but i took it anyway.

I'll document a bit of my experiences of being in Cairo a bit later,
but for now i'm in Italy and going to meet up with some friends.

It will be hard to describe the un-nervousness and unrest,
but also let you know that i never felt particularly in any immediate danger
and feel proud to be able to have walked on the streets and
spoken to Egyptians who are not angry or violent but more optimistic,
looking forward to a brighter future.



3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you are save! And looking back you can say you been living in Egypt during some really historic times:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you didn't feel like you were ever in any great danger, but I'm happy you're out of there nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete