Friday, March 19, 2010

In need of a new medication...


I've been in bed for the last few days
feeling poorly with a nasty cold.

And then,
He comes round to visit.

And for half an hour
even though i've barely gotten out of bed
for the last 48hours,
unable to brush my hair
and am all red and raw around the nose
from over blowing -
when he looks at me i feel beautiful.

And for half an hour
i can breathe through both nostrils simultaneously
and dont reach for the tissue box even once,
and when i stand up i dont feel dizzy and start seeing double.

And then He leaves.
And i remember that he is no longer mine.
He is now an eX.
And i am no longer allowed to let him
make me feel like this.
And slowly the tap on my nose turns back on
And i can begin to hear my pulse throbbing in my ears.

And i wonder if i'll ever feel better again...

No comments:

Post a Comment