Monday, October 28, 2013

Besties....

miss sarah wins the ballerina princess crown


One of the awesome things about
the baby ballet classes that I teach is that my 
teaching assistant is one of my best friends.

I've known the lovely Sarah since I was 12 years old,
and getting to hang around with her in the studio 
is great fun.

Sometimes we just laugh and laugh and the kids look at us like we are loonies.
We also know the words to nearly every disney song,
(plus a few obscure ones that we taught ourselves from the disney sing a longs 
back in the day of our teenage years...
oh yes no wild parties for me, a fun friday night
meant sing a long time)

What is it with kids now a days that they dont know the old classic disney
I had about 1 student who knew Dumbo, and about 3 who knew Winnie the Pooh.

She's also been assisting for baby ballet
a lot longer than i've been teaching it,
so is a fountain of knowledge on little tricks to 
get the kids to do things 
that make me just stop and scratch my head...

who would have thought that invisible sparkly glitter
goo would be so useful at getting children to stand still! 

No comments:

Post a Comment