Thursday, October 15, 2009

I went mushroom picking and came back with Chestnuts....



I do not like mushrooms.
I have a rule - No Eating Of Fungus.

This did not stop me from going with friends now it is mushroom picking time to a-go a-picking. It has on the other hand resolved me that eating food which grows out of foosty pieces of fallen trees is not a good idea. Not being mushroom-picking experts, and relying on only Mojca's small know, we tried our best to be good mushroom pickers. Tim and I gathered a large bag and were exceedingly proud of our fruitful endeavour, only to be poo-pooed by Mojca that all our mushrooms were probably poisonous, she did tell us that we could still try them, we decided that her little knowledge was better than our no-knowledge.

On the upside we found a Chestnut tree and managed to pick a large bag of Chestnuts. Not being a huge fan of the Chestnut i liked the experience of foraging around on the forest floor to find them. It made me glad that it is Autumn.

On the way home we stopped at a cornfield whilst Mojca ran into to steal some before the farmer came.

No comments:

Post a Comment