Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Weddingy Post....


Its nearly here....
10 more days to go.

Today i finally bought my wedding shoes...
i finally thought to myself, ok, its all going to work out.
Only little thing to sort out is the flowers....
but i'm thinking their going to be fine.....

AND THEN....

i tried on my headress, 
its only the second time i've taken it out the box.
and SNAP, it disintegrated into two pieces in my hand.

Cue Meltdown.

I bought my headdress from America.
I bought it roughly a week or two after we got engaged.
I have the web page url of the site i brought it from memorised
 because i've been googling it for years....
yes ....
years.

So the thought of not wearing it on my wedding day because of this untimely breakage
was quite devestating.


But....
Fingers crossed that all is going to be well.

After having a melt down in a shop when i took it in to see if they could mend it
(they didnt think they could)

i managed to call the woman in america and she's fed ex'ed me out a new one.
so i'll be praying for fed-ex for the next few days.

It keeps getting mentioned to me (rather cautiously) 
that i'm being very controlling about my wedding.
And yes i realise that i am....

the thing  is that very few people like ALL my wedding ideas.
and i come from a family of strongly opinionated peoples
everyone likes some but dont like others,
but the fact of the matter is that if i have to listen to one persons
opinion then i have to listen to them all,
and no one will ever behappy.

So i dont listen to anyone.
No-one else has a say...

other than Tim.
and he enjoys most of my ideas...most...
He draws the line between sanity and extravagance...

sometimes...
at other times i have to reel him back in....
which i enjoy,
because it lets me know i'm not the only one who is 
taking all this wedding malarkey a bit too far.






No comments:

Post a Comment