Tuesday, February 2, 2010

A Tribute To Double-Glazing....


Sitting here in my tiny but warm and cosy room
it gets me thinking to this time last year
when my room was still tiny but definitely
not warm or cosy.

You see I had very ancient windows that seemed to attract
the icy cold wind into my apartment rather than block it out,
deeming it necessary to put an extra jacket upon entering
rather than taking it off.

I eventually solved the problem with a roll of duct tape...
inviting people over to my house always required a pre-requisited
explanation as to why my house was held together with tape....

Sometimes we forget to be grateful for the little things.

Today i am highly grateful for my new double-glazed windows
and the splendid job they do in keeping me warm...

No comments:

Post a Comment